Thursday, July 5, 2012

13 Emaciated Dobermans Removed from Home

I have "Doberman" on Google Alert, as one might expect.

Well, this afternoon, I got this article: Conklin Woman Faces 16 Cruelty Charges

To give the horrible rundown, 13 emaciated Dobermans were removed from this woman's home. All but 4 were in crates that were inches deep with excrement. There was no food or water for them. And she claimed to be a Doberman rescue.


There were more crates to be found elsewhere in the house, but those dogs weren't alive. Some of them weren't even identifiable by species.

The dogs were signed over to the Broome County Humane Society, in Binghamton, NY (which is my backyard, by the by). From the above article:

Those interested in donating items or money can stop by the Humane Society at 2 Jackson St. in Binghamton, or call 724-3709. A list of needed items are available at http://bchumanesoc.com/.

 This makes me feel literally ill. If you have the ability to help, it would definitely be appreciated. I hope that this woman may never own animals again (they removed three hamsters and a rabbit as well). I hope that all thirteen dogs pull through.

10 comments:

  1. You have to wonder what this woman was telling herself to allow her to keep those dogs in such horrible condition. I too hope the judge prevents her from ever having animals again.

    BTW, if you live near Broome County, are you in PA or NY? I live in Ithaca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just....have no explanation. There is literally nothing that could convince me that such a thing is a sane thing to happen. And yet, it's happening all the time. It's so horrible.

      I'm in NY, in Otsego County.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah, I have been too :( I've seen video since posting this.

      Delete
  3. This is just horrendous! I sure hope they are all okay and that woman gets what's coming to her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some video, and against all odds, these poor dogs are standing, and seem social and happy to be around people. I'm just glad that she signed them right over, so that they'll have a chance.

      Delete
  4. This just breaks my heart. Do you think there is more of this going on these days? Or is it that with the internet, etc, we just learn about more of it? Either say... sicko and heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if there's more of it going on, but it's certainly TOO MUCH. I think that it's the Internet that makes us so aware. The information spreads through social networking sites, and you can look up local news stations from across the country, etc. It is sick, and it does break my heart.

      Delete
  5. And lets hope they will all be adoptable. I just hate hearing these kinds of stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last I heard, 2 were still at the vet, but the others were at the shelters or "outside the shelter", which I assume to mean fostered by Humane Society people. A local station had a video, and the ones that were shown looked happy to be with people, and were on their feet, at least. Just pitiful, though.

      I hate this stuff too. Almost everything I have to say about it starts in "WHY?" and ends in "I don't understand."

      Delete