Sunday, October 21, 2012

Halloween Dog Costume Photo Contest!

So, I wasn't going to do this (on my own, anyway), but I received an email inviting me to host a microcontest as the first leg of a larger contest. For Halloween costumes, of course!

Now, I thought about figuring out a photo op costume for Elka, but ultimately haven't worked anything out. Of course, I have a few "costume" pictures in the wings. More like a seasonal calendar selection:








And really, you guys can do better than this, right? 

The rules:  Phase one: Submit pictures of your best doggie Halloween costume. That's from now (October 21) until November 1.  How to submit? You can either email me the picture, at TheElkaAlmanac AT gmail DOT com, or you can put it up on The Elka Almanac Facebook page, whichever catches your fancy. On November 1, I then have the Herculean task of choosing the winner. My "microwinner" will get a $25 Target gift card. Then, the big contest.

The winner will be submitted to this page on the Dog Fence DIY web site, where the one with the most votes will be the Ultra Mega Grand Prize Winner (Okay, so they just call it the "Grand Prize Winner", I just got a little excited) and win the Grand Prize of a $500 Target gift card. Which is pretty sweet. The Grand Prize phase runs until November 12.

So, snap some pictures and send them my way! Unfortunately, I don't think Elka will be aiding me in the selection process this time around, or at least not in the traditional "random choice" way. She'll be a part of the discussion!

FTC disclosure: As a micro host of this contest, I will receive a $25 Target Gift Card from DogFenceDIY, and also a shot at the Grand Prize.

10 comments:

  1. My dad person doesn't allow my mom person to dress me up. Something I am thankful for!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elka,

    Just emailed you my entry. Wait till you see what my mom made me...not as lucky as Oskar I guess

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure ..... We like costume contests
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet I will take a photo of my super sweet costume muahahahahaha

    ~Mason

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bunny looks fabulous - love your smiling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those pics - the first one looks like even Elka is laughing at how ridiculous those ears look!! Tee Hee

    Great contest!!

    Wags to all,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally got some pictures of the dogs' costumes, so will be going over to the Facebook page and putting some pictures up in a minute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for entering. For some reason, Facebook won't let me post/like/comment whatever, so I came here to do so.

      Delete