Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Griffyn, 11 year old Doberman, for adoption in West Vancouver, BC

Griffyn is an 11 year old Doberman who finds himself needing a home!

He's currently in a safe and wonderful foster home, but it would be swell if he could go home with somebody to live with for the rest of his days. As always, I'll refer you to "Reasons to Adopt a Senior Doberman".

(picture from Petfinder)

According to his Petfinder page, he's "level 5 obedience", and did agility in his younger years. He still likes to chase a ball, and is energetic! He lets you brush him, wash him, take care of his teeth and nails, and is housebroken. He will chase cats and squirrels, but has been around other dogs, horses, and children with no problem. His Petfinder listing is here if you are interested in adopting Griffyn. Though in a foster home, he is under the purview of Dogwood Rescue, in West Vancouver, BC, and per the Petfinder page, phone is 604-926-1842 should you be in British Columbia, and interested in this fine specimen of a Doberman!








7 comments:

  1. I always wonder what happened when I see senior dogs like Griffyn homeless... :-( Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Griffyn finds a home soon. Whoever gets him won't be sorry. We rescued a much younger female Dobie and she's a very loving dog. Maxine thinks she's a lap dog which, given her size, isn't practical, but she's a super sweet girl who is very protective of her human family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh we hate to see seniors homeless. All our paws are crossed for sweet Griffyn
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found out that if you share on facebook you don't get as many views as if you post it yourself. I am thinking about doing a post on my blog at the end of the week featuring all of the dogs and cats that were on Tuesday's Tails, linking to each of the other bloggers and then posting each one separately on facebook. What do you think and if you are okay with this please let me know by commenting on my blog! That way I will get the reply and will know if it is okay to put your featured animal in my post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always saddens me to see a senior in need of a home. He sounds like such a great dog, hope he finds someone to take him in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was Gryffin's Original owner. Due to a horrible chain of life events I found myself without the means to care for him any longer. I made the hardest choice in the world to give him up. What you don't understand is that I sent him with the understanding that he could come back to me at any time unless a permanent home was found. He was not abused nor abandoned. I made the best decision for him and his well being, not for me. I have regretted doing this every single day without fail. If I could bring him home I would, but he is someone else's dog now. I will never own another dog as I feel I failed Gryff. Please be careful how you judge. You do not know the path people walk or the pain they have gone through with the choices they have to make. I cry every time I see another Doberman and am consumed with guilt. On the other side of this I feel he is enriching the lives of those he is with now. I miss him.

    ReplyDelete